ESSAYS, ARTICLES, AND THEORIES ABOUT CINEMA

 

 
About This Blog
In this blog, I will write about form, aesthetics, and theory within film, but also analyze the psychological, philosophical, and critical aspects.
My Profile
Name: Will Lewis
Home: Atlanta, GA
About Me: My name's Will and I'm a Cinephile.
See my complete profile
Links
TemplatePanic
Blogger
 
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
Doubt or ReDOUBTABLE?
I posted this last night and was reported for obscenity. Louis Garrel and Stacy Martin as a nude Jean-Luc Godard and Anne Wiazemsky in LE REDOUBTABLE (2017). There's a lot of reflexive moments like this in the film however I think what springboards this film from being more of a Godard biopic is how the very conventions that Godard broke are used to create sentiment, but also reveal his flaws as a human being and husband. Perhaps the film serves as penance for his stark narcissism, objectification and brilliance.



posted by Will Lewis 6:56 AM  
 
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< HOME
 
 
Recent Posts
We Animals: An Ethological Analysis of Attenberg (...
Weekend (1967)
Claude Chabrol: In Memoriam
FAMILY MATTERS: DOGTOOTH (2009)
HOORAY FOR HOLLYWOOD! The Greed and Glamour in THE...
THE SEARCHERS EXISTS THROUGH WIDESCREEN
MILDRED PIERCE: MILDRED AND HER MEN
MILDRED PIERCE: FILM NOIR OR MELODRAMA? OR BOTH?
300: Queers, Masculines, and Sades, Oh My!
Blindsided By Racism
Archives
May 2008
May 2009
July 2010
September 2010
January 2011
May 2012
July 2018